Quinn's Bakery and Cafe

At a recent local estate sale, a group of Plainsman Museum supporters pitched in to purchase this beautiful piece of Hamilton County History - the light from the Quinn Bakery and Cafe. In 1892, Frank E. Quinn established the business and in 1906 opened at the recently constructed facilities at 1216 L Street on the south side of the Aurora square. 1892 was a big year for Frank, as he also married Miss Minnie R. Sauls. They had five children: John (who helped run the business and later took ownership (see photo below), Helen, Harold, Margaret, and Edwin. A well respected town leader, he was elected to the office of mayor in 1918, following four years' service as a member of the city council.

Featured Posts

Recent Posts

Archive

Search By Tags

Follow Us

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

The Plainsman Museum 2020   ~  210 16th Street ~ Aurora NE ~ 402-694-6531 ~ plainsman@hamilton.net

Images on the web site are the sole property of the Plainsman Museum. If you wish to use them, please contact the museum

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x