The Plainsman Agricultural Building was added to the Plainsman Museum grounds
in 1986. This facility focuses on the rural way of life in Hamilton County.
The building helps tell the story of farm life from the 1880s to the 1950-s through machinery, implements, tractors, automobile and household goods.Some of the most popular exhibits are the Marion Salmon and Willis Ackerson toy collection featuring John Deere and Caterpillar metal toys, a tractor seat collection and the first ship of the Nebraska Navy!
Artworks by Wesley Huenenfeld and Larry Guyton surround the interior of the building.
The miniatures by Fay Perry on display in this building include the Nebraska Capital Building, Hamilton County Courthouse and the Woodbine Apartments/Aurora Business College building.
This house and farmstead was moved to the Plainsman Museum site and then the Agricultural building was built over it. This house belonged to the John Lulow family, who homesteaded in Hamilton County in the late 1880s.
This building is closed to the public November1 to April 1.